Zearalenone Test - ZON Test
Principle: Competitive lateral flow immunochromatographic assay
Intended use: Detection of Zearalenone
Specimen: Feed or grain
Detection limit: 60 ppb
Reading time: 5 - 10 min
Shelf life: 18 months
Storage: 2 - 30 °C. No freezing.
Packing size: 10 tests / box
l Quicking Zearalenone Rapid Test enables the detection limit of 60 ppb.
l Quicking Zearalenone Rapid Test is a quick and easy testing tool that can be performed in just 10 minutes.
l Quicking Zearalenone Rapid Test can be stored for 18 months at room temperature, between 2 and 30°C.
- 10×foil pouches each contains one ZON cassette with a pipette and a desiccant
- 2×assay buffer ( Diluent A, 30 mL; Diluent B, 40 mL)
- 2×centrifugal tubes (15 mL)
- Products Manual
- Grind a representative sample to the particle size of fine instant coffee (50% passes through a 20 mesh screen). Weigh out 2.0 g ground portion of the sample into the centrifugal tube (15 mL).
- Add 2 mL of assay Diluent A and 8 mL of ethyl acetate into the tube. Shake for 5 min. (If emulsification appears, do a centrifugation at 4000rpm for 1 min.)
- Collect accurately 3 mL of supernatant (ethyl acetate layer) into a small container (beaker or tube). Dry the liquid by blowing wind.
- Redissolve the residues in the small beaker with an amount of the provided assay diluents. (REF: Table )
Assay Diluent B(mL)
- Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
- Suck the liquid and drop 3 drops into the assay sample hole “S”.
- Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is considered as invalid.
Interpretation of results
Positive:Only one clear band in C zone indicates a positive result. Positive shows that the concentration of Zearalenone is at or above 60 ppb in the samples.
Negative: The presence of both bands in C zone and T zone.
Invalid: No band appears in C zone.